Learn how to display images in a question field, answer choice field, Header/footer, or email message.
Qtip: Qualtrics supports jpg, png, and gif images 16MB in size or smaller. For the best user experience, we recommend keeping images below 1MB, and having a width of 770px or narrower.
Please make sure you have permission to use the images you upload into your library for survey use.
Inserting Graphics into Questions
- Click on the Rich Content Editor tab.
- Click the Insert Image icon in the upper left-hand corner of the Rich Content Editor toolbar.
- Select a graphic from the library, or use the green button on the right-hand side to upload a new graphic.
- You can upload one from your computer.
- You can also reference an image online through a URL.
- Click Save to insert the image.
Inserting Graphics Into an Answer Choices
- Click on the answer choice that will contain the graphic.
- Click on the blue drop down menu to the right.
- Select Insert Graphic.
- Select a graphic from the Library or select Upload a New Graphic.
- After the graphic has been inserted, you can click on the graphic to see the options to remove the choice or change the position of the answer text associated with the graphic.
Rich Content Editor Locations
- Question Text: Click the Rich Content Editor button near top left of question text.
- Answer Choice: Click the blue arrow to right of answer choice and select Rich Content Editor.
- Header/Footer: Click Edit next to the Header/Footer area in Look and Feel (Edit Survey>Look and Feel>Advanced).
- Email Messages: Displays on Email Survey page, when scheduling Reminder/Thank You messages, and when scheduling Email Triggers and Report Emails.
- The acceptable graphic file types are .jpg, .png, and .gif.
- If your graphic does not upload, it may be too large. The limit on file upload size is 16 MB.
- If Width/Height changes when uploading are significant, use an image editing program to edit the image before upload. Photoshop, Pixelmator, Gimp (free), and Paint.Net (free) are a few examples.
- If you insert a graphic that is larger than 770 pixels wide, your skin should expand to accommodate the picture.
- For deleting, editing, and copying graphics, see the Graphics Library section of the Qualtrics University.